Extraordinary Villa in The Hills Above Lucca
A 19th Century, stone villa, built in 1590 as a holiday house for Cathlotic Priests.
Extensively, fully renovated to the highest standard in 2012-2413.
Fully central heated from a pellet boiler located in the large cantina in the 3rd downstairs level.
Original Cotto Stone floors, beam & timber ceilings, luxury new en-suite bathroom + one other, 3 double bedrooms, study, eat-in kitchen with walk-in pantry, formal dining room opening to Parteere Garden courtyard complete with grape-covered Pergola.
As one walks into this property, one cannot believe the karma and beauty of this home.
One walks into the property from the top floor apart from the roof terrace. One enters into a large living room, which is furnished in villa style with a crystal chandelier that will be remaining in the house as part of the chattels. There is also a working open fireplace; off this room is the large, Carrara Marble, eat-in kitchen which is bathed in light from the 2 arched windows. This room has the most amazing views across to the Rocca di Lucchio across the valley. ln the kitchen is another fireplace, fully equipped with an Aga, electric & gas stove. Off the kitchen is a walk-in pantry. This floor also houses two of the three double bedrooms with it’s stylish en-suite bathroom plus one other.
Downstairs, there is one more bedroom leading off a central study, this is served by the second bathroom. There is an internal Mistrals’ gallery overlooking the formal dining room. The dining room leads out to the Parteere garden courtyard with it’s stone flagging & grape-covered Pergola.
Adjoining the formal dining room, in the large cantina, is a small utility kitchen with marble sink, fridge & convection oven, designed for localised food preparation & serving for dining in or outside in the Garden Courtyard under the perfect trellis covered with “uva Fragola” grapes.