The name Pescaglia is thought by some to derive from the Latin Pascualia, meaning pastureland, and by others from the verb pescare, meaning "to fish". Both relate to the abundant natural resources of the territory.
While mention of Piscalia or Pascualia exist from Roman times the first specific record of the town is thought to be in documents relative to the ownership of property by the church of San Pietro in Rome dated around the 9th century.
After this documents reveal that large parts of the comune were owned by the Rolandinghi of Lombard origin. These were succeeded by the Antelminellis during the period when Pisa dominated Lucca.
Recorded control of the town and territory was achieved by Lucca in 1272. Instruction to razeoriginal castle was recorded in the Statute of 1308 in order to weaken the local lords. It is questionable if this order was carried out, but in 1584, architect Vincenzo Civitali was instructed to rebuild the castle. Pescaglia remained within control of Lucca from that period to today growing in size and importance.
Each set of two bedrooms is complimented by a large bathroom (2.60 m x 2.50) and a walk-in closet.
Behind the house is a 'cavity' to keep the house perfectly dry this runs along the entire width, it has both an ingress and egress to keep the area super-dry. The boiler room is also on the ground floor situated behind the kitchen and having access from the outside.
There is one more storage room, this one is behind the living room with access from the garden. The central heating runs on GPL but, with all this land, solar panels have got to be the way ahead to make this house eco-friendly.
Further information - this house was restored in 1999 by a meticulous geometra.
On the land there are 2 water sources as well as mains water for drinking.
The 155 olive trees produce 200 l of olive oil a year.
The pool was installed in 2020 and is a chorine based pool.