Village Home with Car Access, Central Heating, Panoramic Terrace and Central Heating
This property has been restored recently internally. It has full car access for dropping off shopping and luggage. The cantina is set behind the main entrance. One walks immediately into the kitchen which is equipped with a pellet burner for the shoulder seasons.
Upstairs there is a double bedroom and bathroom. On the second floor there is a second bedroom and another room with an excellent view which could either be a study, a third bedroom or a second bathroom. The second floor bedroom has access to the panoramic balcony with views across to the Apuane Alps.
Lugliano is 401 meters above sea level and 5 kilometers from Bagni di Lucca,on the Brennero SS.12. just past the bridge and stream Buliesima. This antique stronghold belonged to the Suffredinghi family dominated the valley of the Lima and Ponte a Serraglio. The medieval structure of the village is today visable with a road along side the walls of the village,called “fil di cima,fil di mezzo,fil di fondo” by the locals . The oldest part of the village is the castle at the top. An old wifes tale tells that the first family of the village was born in the area occupied by the holy woods “Giano” (iucus Jani), others say it belonged to a roman settler Lollius,theres also a debate on the coat of arms which shows a two faced “Giano”.Lugliano is a village which enjoys fantastic views of the Alpi Apuane
The village square has a fountain made in 1825 by two englishmen Lord Sandon and Lady Bule. They passed long periods in “Villa Politi” in the middle of the village. From 1950 Villa Politi belonged to the nuns “Barbantine” . The Politi family is remembered in the 16th century as silk merchants,and in the 18th century decided to built the palace with a garden which contains a maze and a centuries old ash-tree. From the garden one can see all the thermal hills of Bagni di Lucca.