Montefegatesi is a village with almost "cult" status in the Municipality, it is 842 m above sea level and has a sea view from some locations within the village.
The village was established and named in A.D. 993. It became part of the Luccesia in 245 being given to them by the Emperor Federico II. It remained strategic as it has a border with Modena over the Appenines but also with Coreglia Antelminelli. The church in the village is dedicated to San Frediano and was built in 1771. The organ inside the church is thought to date back to 1798.
It is interesting as there are still many inhabitants that have lived in the US and then returned to Montefegatesi. These inhabitants clubbed together and paid for the statue of Dante Alighieri at the summit of the village. This was erected in 1908 and was sculpted by the Lucchese sculptor F. Petroni. From this position, the views of Tre Potenze mountain, Monte Mosca, Pratofiorito e Monte Coronato can be admired. The village has a library behind the church where classic literature can be found.
In recent times, the village has held some great festivals including the "presipe vivente" and, at the Summer Solstice, groups go up to watch dawn on Pratofiorito.
The house has four steps into it, opening into an eat-in kitchen with bathroom off it and two bedrooms.
There are steps down to the apartment underneath which has one bedroom, a kitchen, bathroom and living room with fireplace.
There is a boiler room and cellars under this. The boiler will need replacing but, otherwise, the system of oil-fired-central heating is present. The house will need a septic system probably.
The owner of the house lives in America and will accept an offer on his house.